Earlier this week, Governor Roy Cooper announced that North Carolina will further ease restrictions and also continue implementing safety measures to combat the spread of COVID-19 in our state. Phase 3 becomes effective at 5pm today, October 2, 2020, and remains in effect until Friday, October 23, 2020 at 5pm. Both Governor Cooper and Dr. Mandy Cohen, Secretary of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, urged North Carolinians to stay vigilant, as the state's numbers are stable, but our position remains fragile.
• Large outdoor venues with seating greater than 10,000 may operate with 7% occupancy for spectators.
• Smaller outdoor entertainment venues, like arenas or amphitheaters, may operate outdoors at 30% of outdoor capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less.
• Movie theaters and conference centers may open indoor spaces to 30% of capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less.
• Bars may operate outdoors at 30% of outdoor capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less.
• Amusement parks may open at 30% occupancy, outdoor attractions only.
• Face coverings are mandatory for those over the age of 5.
• The limits on mass gatherings will remain at 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors.
• The 11 pm curfew on alcohol sales for in-person consumption in locations such as restaurants and outdoor bars will be extended to October 23.
Read the full press release from the Governor’s Office.Read the Executive Order.Read the Frequently Asked Questions.
For the latest, local health information about COVID-19, please visit the Mecklenburg County Public Health Department website here. For more Town of Davidson COVID-19 updates, please visit the town’s COVID-19 webpage here.