Kincaid Trail Extension
Project Description: The Kincaid Multi-Use Trail project is a cross jurisdictional route that will eventually connect Davidson to neighboring towns as part of the Mooresville – Charlotte Trail. This section will start on the Town Limits of Davidson and Cornelius north of the parcel identified in Polaris as part of the South Prong Rocky River Greenway (PID 00705320). This project will continue north to connect to Eugenia St. The forthcoming redevelopment of the parcels located north of Eugenia St will include a greenway connection to Main St., completing the Kincaid Trail.
Project Status: Project is on hold due to NCDOT funding shortage 9/20/20
Page Updated: 9/24/2020
- Project Name: Kincaid Trail
- Total Cost: $877,225
- Town Cost: $175,445 (20% match)
- Funding Received: $701,780
- Funding Source: Bonus Allocations (NCDOT)
- Funding Status: Approved
- Management Agency: North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT)
- Project Description: The Kincaid Multi-Use Trail is a cross jurisdictional route that will connect in the south to Cornelius on County owned land and provided a multi-use path to Eugenia St. In future phases of this path, the route will continue north to the Potts Sloan Beaty Corridor.
- Current Status: Engineering in May.
*Costs and the project schedules are subject to change due to uncertain conditions
02/06/20 Dewberry Engineers selected as project consultant
04/24/20 Engineering budget approved by the NCDOT
05/14/20 Notification of project delay from the NCDOT
Relevant documents will be posted here when available.