Lake Forest Davidson Conditional Planning Area
An application for a conditional planning area map amendment was submitted on 10/1/19. A conceptual site plan for this project is currently under review by Mecklenburg County and the town, and both the Board of Commissioners and Planning Board have reviewed the plans and conditions multiple times this year. . See below for information on how to participate.
- Planning Areas: Village Edge & Village Infill
- Project Address: 480 & 496 S. Main Street
- Parcel IDs: 00324111, 00324107, & 00324170
- Acres: +/-4.11
- Development Description: The applicant proposes a conditional planning area map amendment to allow for a 3-story commercial building fronting South Main Street (+/-27,700 square feet) and a 2-story church facility (+/-23,750 square feet) toward the rear of the property. The proposed plan also preserves the existing single-family home located at 496 South Main Street for church offices.
- Property Owners:
- (480 S Main St) Rebecca McIntosh
- (496 S Main St) Julius Jennings Wade & Cary Page Wade
- Applicant: Lake Forest Church Davidson, Bill Worsley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Site Designer: Henson Foley, Jay Henson, email@example.com
- Property Owners:
- Town Staff Project Manager: Lindsay Laird, Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org
September 22, 2020 Board of Commissioner Decision (Tentative): The will review
August 31, 2020 Planning Board Recommendation: The Planning Board will formally review the
August 25, 2020 Public Hearing: The Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing on the proposed Conditional Master Plan and associated conditions. Information on how to participate in the meeting is under Recent Updates at the top of this page.
July 27, 2020 Planning Board FYI Review: The Planning Board informally reviewed the plans and draft conditions, offering comments for consideration.
July 14, 2020 Board of Commissioner Work Session: The project team met with the Board of Commissioners to discuss the project’s proposed conditions and site design.
February 24, 2020 Planning Board FYI Review: The Planning Board informally reviewed the plans and topics related to the conditions, offering comments for consideration.
February 18, 2020 Public Input Session: A Public Input Session was held from 5:00 – 6:30 P.M. at Davidson Town Hall, 216 South Main Street, Davidson, North Carolina. The purpose of the meeting was to review the master plan and solicit feedback. A copy of the Public Input Session Report summarizing the event is available under the Documents tab (see above).
February 11, 2020 Board of Commissioner Work Session: The project team met with the Board of Commissioners to discuss the project.
October 1, 2019 Application Received: The project team submitted an application, including site plan documents, for review by Mecklenburg County and Town of Davidson staff. The next step is for staff to provide review comments on the plan.
June 2019 Pre-Development Consultation: The project team presented the proposed project to the Board of Commissioners for feedback, prior to submitting a formal application.