Davidson Farms (Kistler Farm Rd.)
The project team submitted a master plan application in April 2019; updated materials were submitted on November 1, 2019. The Preliminary Sketch Plan and associated materials are currently under review. The project is following the Master Plan process detailed in Davidson Planning Ordinance section 14.6.
A Public Input Session was held on November 19, 2019 from 5:00 – 6:30 P.M. at Davidson Town Hall, 216 South Main Street, Davidson, North Carolina. The purpose of the meeting was to review the master plan and solicit feedback. The project team provided an overview presentation and answered questions, and a copy of the staff analysis was made available. A Public Input Session Report is now available on the Documents tab and will be used to inform plan revisions. Updated plans will be made available in early 2020.
- Planning Area: Rural Planning Area
- Project Address: East Rocky River Rd. (Unaddressed) and 19525 Kistler Farm Rd., Davidson, NC 28036
- Parcel ID: 00725116 and 00725120
- Acres: 30.391
- Building Type: Single-Family Detached Home
- Development Description: The master plan envisions 15 single-family detached home lots fronting existing and new interconnected streets as well as open spaces. The plan encompasses the parcel at the northeast corner of Kistler Farm Rd. and East Rocky River Rd. and the parcel at the far eastern end of East Rocky River Rd.
- Developer: Diamondback Development, LLC
- November: A revised site plan and Public Input Session materials were submitted. A Public Input Session is scheduled for November 19, 2019. See the Updates section at the top of the page for more information.
- August - November: The project team continued to revise the documentation to meet the ordinance requirements.
- May/July: On May 28 the Board of Commissioners denied extension of sewer to the site. On July 23 the Board of Commissioners approved extension of sewer to the site.
- April: The project team submitted an application and preliminary sketch plan. Mecklenburg County and Town of Davidson staff reviewed the plan and determined it did not meet county or town requirements. The application included a completed Charlotte Water form indicating that the proposed development was deemed a sewer extension; extensions require approval by the Board of Commissioners.
- Winter/Spring: The project team continued to refine plans in order to meet the Davidson Planning Ordinance requirements.
- Fall: In October 2018, a representative from the development team contacted the town and met to discuss the Rural Planning Area requirements. The project team presented initial plans exploring different development scenarios, which did not meet the Davidson Planning Ordinance Requirements. Subsequent concept plans were developed by the project team in November and December.
- Developer: Diamondback Development, Jay Shott, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Site Design: Dewberry Engineers, Inc., Adam Hayes, ahayes@Dewberry.com
- Town of Davidson: Trey Akers, Senior Planner, email@example.com