The Town of Davidson, NC - Home Page
Go To Search
Animal Care and Control
Davidson has a strong animal control program through the Davidson Police Department with support from Charlotte-Mecklenburg Animal Care & Control (CMAC&C).

The Davidson Police Department only handles wild animals if they are injured and/or pose an immediate danger to the public. Click here for the North Carolina Wildlife Commission.  A permit is required to trap wild animals.  Wildlife causing a "nuisance" such as skunks, raccoons, chipmunks, squirrels, bats, etc.) can be trapped by private companies -- please search for "Animal Rescue and Removal" in the yellow pages or online for a service near you.

To find answers to many of your questions regarding animal control in Davidson, view the full list of animal control FAQs.

For information the NC Wildlife Resources Commission's "Hazards of Feeding Wildlife" bulletin please click here
For animal control issues, please call 704-892-5131.