- 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 5, 2018
- Town Green
Join us for TOWN DAY on the Green: Saturday, May 5 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Coming for Town Day 2018! We hope you'll plan to join us for a COMMUNITY DINNER...stay tuned for details.
Join us for Town Day from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 5 on the town green. We encourage all citizens to walk or ride a bike (May is National Bike Month) to the green. We’ll have police officers stationed at key intersections to ensure safety. Ride your bike and park it in the ‘Bike Corral’ near the Town of Davidson’s booth.
This year's Town Day will continue the tradition of the original Town Day, a celebration of community service accomplishments of Davidson's citizens. Vendors must meet the following criteria in order to have a booth at Town Day:
- Must be a nonprofit or community-oriented organization.
- Must be within the Town of Davidson's jurisdiction.
- Must provide a game or activity (may not just hand out literature).
- There is no fee to participate, however, the organization may sell their own tickets or charge a fee for their activity.
- All money collection is the responsibility of the organization.
Click here for a Town Day Application to print and return to Davidson Parks and Recreation. You may also fill out an online application.
Please contact Davidson Parks and Recreation at or 704-892-3349 with questions.
Town Day Activities from 2017
Town Day included two new events in 2017. The Davidson "Amazing Race," similar to the TV show, which took place from the downtown area to Circles at 30, and a "Sidewalk Chalk Art" event.
Other activities included:
• a cake walk,
• monkey bridge,
• Vision Van for free eye screening,
• creation of wildflower seed-packets,
• scavenger hunts,
• paper vase decorating,
• face painting,
• photo booth with costumes,
• storytelling through participation,
• the Lake Norman Currents Canine Cover Dog Competition,
• music, entertainment, and food, and
• many booths featuring Davidson organizations.
The Town of Davidson’s booth:
• see the solar-electric E.L.F. bike (the new parks and recreation vehicle),
• safely dispose of expired and unused pharmaceuticals,
• register for our Vial of Life program (ensure that first responders receive your medical information during an emergency),
• learn about the town’s pedestrian and bicyclist safety campaign, Watch For Me NC,
• learn about child safety and anti-bullying,
• meet McGruff the crime dog,
• register for the CharMeck Alerts system,
• get information on the programs and summer camps offered by the parks and recreation department, and
• the Davidson Fire Department will display a fire truck on Main Street.