- 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 6, 2017
- Town Green
Join us for TOWN DAY on the Green: Saturday, May 6 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Join us for Town Day from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 6 on the town green. We encourage all citizens to walk or ride a bike (May is National Bike Month) to the green. We’ll have police officers stationed at key intersections to ensure safety. Ride your bike and park it in the ‘Bike Corral’ near the Town of Davidson’s booth.
Once at the green you’ll enjoy:
• a cake walk,
• inflatables for kids,
• giant sand pile with sand toys,
• a dunking booth
• monkey bridge
• Lego Derby
• face painting
• photos booth with costumes
• carnival games
• the Lake Norman Currents Canine Cover Dog Competition,
• music, entertainment, and food, and
• many booths featuring Davidson organizations.
Visit the Town of Davidson’s booth to:
• see the E.L.F. (the new parks and recreation vehicle),
• safely dispose of expired and unused pharmaceuticals,
• register for our Vial of Life program (ensure that first responders receive your medical information during an emergency)
• learn about the town’s pedestrian and bicyclist safety campaign, Watch For Me NC,
• learn about child safety and anti-bullying,
• meet McGruff the crime dog,
• register for the CharMeck Alerts system, and
• get information on the programs and summer camps offered by the parks and recreation department.
The Davidson Fire Department will display a fire truck on Main Street.
Applications (Open March 1)
This year's Town Day will continue the tradition of the original Town Day, a celebration of community service accomplishments of Davidson's citizens. Vendors must meet the following criteria in order to have a booth at Town Day:
- Must be a nonprofit or community-oriented organization.
- Must be within the Davidson town jurisdiction.
- Must provide a game or activity (may not just hand out literature).
- There is no fee to participate, however, the organization may sell their own tickets or charge a fee for their activity.
- All money collection is the responsibility of the organization.
For More Information
Click here for a Town Day Application to print and return to Davidson Parks and Recreation. You may also fill out an online application.
Please contact Davidson Parks and Recreation at or 704-892-3349 with questions.