Davidson Bay Phase II
Recent Update (October 2019)
- Hopper Communities submitted an application for a Master Plan Amendment for Building Envelopes A, B, and C. The proposal includes a reduction in residential and commercial density (56 townhomes; +/-20,000 sf commercial; 2 quadplex buildings). See additional details under the master plan amendment tab below.
- The Board of Commissioners approved Hopper Communities Master Plan Amendment at their October 22, 2019 regular meeting. The next step is for the project team to submit construction documents for review and approval by Mecklenburg County and the town.
- Planning Area: Village Infill
- Project Location: Davidson Bay Phase II is located along the north side of Armour Street just west of the Beaty Street and Armour Street intersection.
- Parcel IDs: 00328516,00328534, 00328510, 00328595, 00328599, 00328564, 00328223, 00328267, 00328655, 00328637, 00328639, 00328656, 00328651, 00328649, 00328647, 00328644, 00328643
- Project Description: The approved development consists of +/-245 residential units that are a mixture of single-family detached, quadplex, and townhome structures. There will be +/-20,000 square feet of mixed-use commercial space.
- Developer: Dominic Liburdi
- Developer for Phase II Master Plan Amendment (Envelopes A, B, & C): Hopper Communities
- Property Owner: Beaty Street Development LLC, Dominic Liburdi, email@example.com
- Developer for Phase II Master Plan Amendment: Hopper Communities, J. Bart Hopper, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Town Staff Contact: Planning Dept., planning
2019 Davidson Bay Master Plan Amendment (Approved)
Hopper Communities, LLC proposes a master plan amendment for a 4.8± acre site located at the corner of Beaty and Armour Streets in Davidson, NC (725 Beaty Street; Parcel ID 00328269). The proposal includes 56 townhomes, two quadplex buildings, a commercial building (20,000± square feet), and public park space. This Master Plan Amendment proposes a reduction in the approved residential unit count from 108 to 64 units, and commercial square footage from 38,000± square feet to 20,000± square feet for this portion of the Davidson Bay development. As a substantial amendment to the approved master plan for Davidson Bay Phase II, this amendment required approval by the Town Board.
- Site Plan 2019 for Davidson Bay Ph II, Envelopes A, B, and C (Approved 10/22/19)
- Public Input Session (8/12/19) Documentation:
- Construction Documents for Envelopes A, B, and C (Under Review)
- Applicant: Hopper Communities, LLC, J. Bart Hopper, email@example.com