Master Plan Approved; Construction Documents Approved/Construction Underway
- Design Review Board Approval/Amenity Structures: The project's mail kiosk and shelter will go before the Town of Davidson Design Review Board (DRB) for approval on Wednesday, 10/21 at 6:30 pm. Further information about these structures can be found on the DRB agenda available on the town's Meeting Agendas webpage.
- Approved Construction Documents: The project's construction documents were approved on September 30, 2019.
- Approved Master Plan: The project's master plan was approved on March 6, 2019. It is anticipated the project will receive approval of its construction documents in the summer of 2019, after which time construction may begin.
- Planning Area: Neighborhood Edge
- Project Location: This project is located to the east of Bailey Rd, north of Mayes Rd and to the west of Woodlands Trail Dr.
- Parcel IDs: 00716286, 00716206, 00716207
- Project Description: Development of a residential subdivision on approximately 24 acres including 66 units of single-family and duplex detached housing along with associated public streets and alleys. Public open space, including a park and walking trails, is being provided along Mayes Rd. and throughout the development.
- Developer: TriPointe Homes
- Fall: Town of Davidson and Mecklenburg County staff completed their technical reviews and approved the master plan on September 30, 2019.
- Spring: Town of Davidson and Mecklenburg County staff completed their technical reviews and approved the master plan on March 6, 2019.
- Winter: The Planning Board completed a series of reviews and offered comments on the proposal. Additionally, Town of Davidson and Mecklenburg County staff reviewed the revised plans.
- Fall: Staff provided the Planning Board an update on the revised plans at their November meeting. Additionally, it is anticipated that a Public Input Session will be held in early December. Afterwards, a Public Input Session report will be provided by the project team and revised plans addressing resident and staff comments will be submitted.
- Late Summer: Staff provided an overview of the proposal at the Planing Board's August 27 meeting. It is anticipated a Transportation Impact Analysis will be performed in September.
- Summer: The preliminary sketch plan has been reviewed by Town of Davidson and Meck. County staff, with review comments identifying several items for clarification.
- 5/9/18: The Bayard Group submitted an master plan application, which was determined to be incomplete. A revised application was resubmitted on 5/25/18.
- Winter/Spring: The Bayard Group presented several conceptual plans for the site with staff providing feedback on how the proposed plans did/did not meet requirements.
- Late Summer/Fall: The Bayard Group began working with town staff to understand the Planning Area requirements for the site.
- Approved Master Plan: Town of Davidson and Mecklenburg County staff completed their technical reviews and approved the master plan on March 6, 2019.
- Planning Board Staff Analysis: This provides an analysis of the current master plan from late January 2019 that will be reviewed by the Planning Board on Monday, January 28, 2019 at 6:00 pm at Davidson Town Hall.
- Master Plan Schematic Design - Revised: This is the current master plan from late January 2019; it reflects changes since the first and second Public Input Sessions. This document set includes only the proposed development plan - see the Initial Master Plan set below for copies of the other documents.
- Master Plan Schematic Design - Initial: This document set includes the environmental inventory, existing site conditions, and proposed development plan. The site layout has changed since this initial information was provided, but the base information contained in the environmental inventory remains the same.
- Application: This document includes basic information about the project.
- Statement of Intent: This document includes a more detailed discussion of the development proposal.
- Transportation Impact Analysis: This report was produced by a third-party consultant retained by the Town of Davidson. It includes information on potential traffic impacts of the proposed development.
- Public Input Session #1 Report: This report outlines the feedback received from the public at the meeting held on 12/13/18.
- Public Input Session #2 Report: This report outlines the feedback received from the public at the meeting held on 1/16/19.
- Luke.Woodburn, TriPointe Homes
- Email: Luke.Woodburn@TriPointeHomes.com
- Phone: 704-944-4434
- Colin Jenest, Cole Jenest & Stone
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 704-971-4510
Staff Project Manager
- Trey Akers, Senior Planner, Town of Davidson
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 704-940-9634