Phase 6 – Master Plan AmendmentThe Davidson Board of Commissioners heard the request at their June 14, 2016 regular meeting. The staff analysis for the Town Board can be found here. The Board approved the Master Plan Amendment on June 14, 2016.
Phase 6 – Master PlanThe Master Plan for Phase 6 of Summers Walk was approved on June 16, 2016.
- Planning Area:
- Project Address: 16008 DAVIDSON-CONCORD RD DAVIDSON NC 28036
- Parcel ID: 00747101, 00747113 and 00747112
- Acres: 19.91
- Building Type: Detached House, Live/Work, and Townhouse.
- Development Description: The Summers Walk development is located off of NC 73 (Davidson-Concord Road), near the Cabarrus County Line. There are currently two projects taking place: Master Plan Amendment and Master Plan.
- Developer: Mountain Real Estate, Cole Jenest & Stone
The Master Plan Amendment was a request to remove the requirement for retail on the west side of Summers Walk Boulevard. As approved, only townhomes are required instead of live/work units. This is an amendment to the existing Master Plan (amended 2012).
The Planning Board reviewed this request on May 23, 2016 and unanimously recommended approval of the Master Plan Amendment on May 23, 2016.
The Davidson Board of Commissioners heard the request at their June 14, 2016 regular meeting. The staff analysis for the Town Board can be found here. The Board approved the Master Plan Amendment on June 14, 2016.
The Planning Board provided comment on the Master Plan on May 23, 2016. Additional items that they would like consideration of include:
- Provide summary timeline for completing streets, including topcoat.
- Street signage should be consistent with throughout development and as provided in the first phases of development.
- Street light plan is needed.
- NC 73 Parallel St./Connectivity: Review the NC 73 plans to determine if the parallel street network shown in the plans still makes sense.
- On-street parking in front of townhomes: Should be located out of the travelway within bump-out curb areas.
- A Dog Park should be included, since the existing one is being removed for development.
As proposed, the Master Plan illustrates 43 lots, with 30 of those lots being single-family.
The Master Plan for Phase 6 of Summers Walk was approved on June 16, 2016.
Phase 6 – Master Plan AmendmentDeveloper Presentations for the project are available:
Phase 6 – Master PlanDeveloper Presentations for the project are available:
- Developer: Mountain Real Estate Capital (Tom Clement) 13860 Ballantyne Corporate Place, Charlotte, NC 28277 301-363-3476
- Site Design: Cole Jenest & Stone
- Town of Davidson: Chad Hall, Senior Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org